Tuesday, September 8, 2009

More on Vegas

Now that things have calmed down and we are settling into our new home (posts forthcoming) I thought I'd update you on Vegas! I went with my two best friends from college and it was so great to be able to spend some time with them before the big move!

We arrived Thursday night and made it to our hotel (the Encore) in one piece. After putting our things down we went in search of food and ate at ZoozaCrackers in the Wynn. Wynn and Encore are "sister" properties and are connected by a shopping area. Having been to Vegas before I got to experience some of the sights and sounds but staying on the strip was a bit crazy! I mostly got caught up in taking pictures of all the designer stores- Hermes, Chanel - it was CRAZY!!!

On Friday we went to the Fashion Show Mall since one of my friends lost some of his luggage in the cargo hold. His suitcase "came open" and shorts, sandals, and shirts were lost. Boo! We hit Macy's and he got some replacement stuff. Next stop was lunch at the Mirage- California Pizza Kitchen- YUM! I had never been there before even though it's a chain and it was really good pizza!

After a bit of gambling we went back to the hotel and got changed for a Cirque show that night- Ka. I already saw Ka when I was there for my honeymoon but it was still so amazing the second time around. I'm pretty sure I could wath this show a million times and not tire of it. Everything about it is beautiful- the story, the set, costumes, lights, and the performances! I felt like a bit of a theatre dork, but oh well! I can't put into words exactly how this show makes me feel about theatre. It makes me want to do it forever and not because of the spectacle but just because of the magic they can create. If you ever have the chance to see it, GO! Run, do not walk!! Truly Beautiful!

After the show we hopped on the Deuce (the double decker bus on the strip) and went to the Bellagio to watch the fountains. There are some great free things on the strip and this is one of them. There are also some pretty lame free things on the strip, but I digress...

I'll put Saturday and Sunday into another post because I am tired and think I'm going to bed a bit early tonight. The hubby started his new job today and he had a long but good first day. I woke up early with him and made him breakfast (scrambled eggs, toast and orange juice) to get him going. Now we both must sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment